[AccessD] 32->64 bit

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 16:11:28 CST 2021

Arthur, I don't know if this will help or hurt.

I have never even bothered to try to understand what APIs do. Instead I
start with "What do I need my app to do?". Often times then I google how to
get that done. And sometimes (depends on the project, could be more or less
times) in developing an app, I see someone has posted some code that uses
APIs. I don't mess with what they did, I just copy it (if I can find
someone else posting the same code elsewhere my comfort level with its
veracity increases).

I would certainly not start with some behemoth compendium of all available
WinAPIs, I would start with what are the bare number of APIs I can get away
with to make my tool do what it is supposed to do.