[AccessD] Previous Versions (was Thanksgiving)

James Button jamesbutton at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Oct 10 16:45:01 CDT 2021

Paul,

Firstly,
 I would be reluctant to remove Access 2010 from my system - MS may no longer
allow it to be activated, or even installed from your CD media.
And remember NOT to allow the install to "Clean-up" as in delete the files
copied to the hard drive that will be needed for updating the app with fixes.
Secondly,
In File Options of the 365 on my PC (was the 2016 that installed as part of the
365 subscription)
there is
General - Creating databases - Default file format for a blank database  giving
options including
Access 2000
Access 2002 - 2003
Access 2007 - 2016
Object Designers - SQL Server Compatible Syntax (ANSI 92)

And in SaveAs
Access 2000 Database (*.mdb)
Access 2002-2003 Database (*.mdb)

Those may need to be set appropriately for 365 to handle the older database
formats
Could also be that the commandline is selecting he compact facility that is part
of the new version, and that is set to default to requiring files in the new
format
Check the path to the earlier version of msAccess.exe is in the command line
calling MSAccess.exe

I tried a basic test - as in would the 2010 msaccess process the file - both a
version not updated since it was handled boy 2010, and a version that is current
declared by the msAccess to be in 2002-2003 format
 - by the 2016 version now updating the updated  .mdb

JimB