[AccessD] mscomctl

Paul Wolstenholme Paul.W at industrialcontrol.co.nz
Mon Oct 18 16:46:04 CDT 2021

Jim,

I used
http://www.billproduction.com/
The solution is cheap (free for testing and a small charge for a licence
for each computer lasting its lifetime).
The product is quite flexible but the complexity of the options is
compensated by the free quick support that is offered.  It has a minimal
footprint - no bloat or product creep.
The way I chose to use it wasn't quite one of his recommendations - I have
Access write a file that is immediately interpreted as a command to 'type'
the characters of the weight.
It is readily configured to show the live weight reading in a button that
floats over a specified Access window.

Next month one of the weighbridges is being updated with TCP/IP replacing
RS232.  The software from BillProduction will handle it with a
configuration change.  Access users without the weighbridge or with older
weighbridges are unaffected.

I chose that software because it is what google could find for me at the
time (2013).

Apologies to John for this having digressed from his original question.

Paul Wolstenholme