[AccessD] Access install package

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 21:02:08 CDT 2021

Stuart,

I am totally lost on this.  Not finding anything that actually uses it less
than 10 years old.  There is a compiler application.  It wants to open a
script.  Is there something I am missing?  TBH I have no idea even what I
am expecting from this thing but I kind of figured it would ask me to
select my database or something.  Ask some questions like "where do you
want to install"

Something?

The web site has nothing even remotely helpful for how to use the thing.
Lots of FAQ stuff but no "Do X, then Do Y"  Or at least not that I have
found.

So what does this thing actually do?

On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 5:17 PM Stuart McLachlan <stuart at lexacorp.com.pg>
wrote:

> Inno Setup? https://jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php  (freeware)
>
> I've been  using it for years to instal all sorts of software, include
> Access applications and
> associated files.
>

> On 19 Oct 2021 at 12:22, John Colby wrote:
>
> > ...In a galaxy far far away
> >
> > There used to be a widget that packaged up your project into an
> > installer based system.
> >
> > From what I am reading that has "progressed" into a system based
> > around C# and Visual Studio, but which may in fact still build Office
> > based runtime installation packages.  Is anyone doing this?  How is
> > the learning curve?
> >
> > --
> > John W. Colby
> > Colby Consulting