[AccessD] db execute on linked vs local table

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 09:41:55 CST 2022

I hope this is not hijacking the thread. At least that is not my intention.
Since this is a thread regarding how Access interprets true and false, I
thought I would point out what I feel is a bit of an anomaly.

My table aaTF has been designed with two fields, one is Yes/No, the other
is number. I entered the following data:
*Record     TF1      TF2*
1          Yes      1
2          No       0
3          Yes     -1
4          Yes      10

For a form in design view, I used this recordsource SELECT
iif(TF1,TRUE,FALSE) AS TF1_String, iif(TF2,TRUE,FALSE) AS TF2_String FROM
aaTF

>From my point of view, the value returned to the TF1_String and TF2_String
fields should be 100% driven by whether the IIF() will return either True
or False.

Yet instead, this is the result
*Record     TxtF1  TxtTF2*
1          Yes      1
2          No       0
3          Yes     -1
4          Yes     -1

To me this makes zero sense, why should the fact that the TF1 field was
Yes/No have anything to say about the format of the display, which I had
asked to be a string?