[AccessD] Relationships

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 14:48:57 CST 2022

One of the most hateful things about Access is its implementation of the
Relationships diagram. Maybe theye team underestimated the ambitions of
Access developers, but when you get to 100 tables a single diagram is
ludicrous at best. By contrast, even the Community versions of SQL Server
allow creation of numerous diagrams, enabling you to focus on some small
group of trees, Rather than the whole jungle at once.
I have a client who doesn't wish to move to SQL Server. My only alternative
ithat I know of is to migrate the BE to SQL Server, create many
Relationship diagrams there, perform my adjustments there, and then
painstakingly copy them back to the ACCDB.
Maybe some heavyweights like Jim Dettman (MVP) could put a bee(r) in the
bonnets of the Access Dev team toward fixing this serious inadequacy. This
is sooo frustrating!

--
Arthur