[AccessD] I used to be young and stupid

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 16:47:38 CST 2022

One thing has changed: now I'm old.

I'm working on an app that I began 17 years ago and have revised several
times as legal requirements, functional requirements and UI fashions have
evolved. while wandering through the ancient code, I came across this.
<snippet>
If FormIsOpen("AssessID_Data_LC_Frm") Then
    Forms!AssessID_Data_LC_frm!CompanyID_cmbx.Requery
    Forms!AssessID_Data_LC_frm!ProjectID_cmbx.Requery
    Forms!AssessID_Data_LC_frm!CompanyID.Requery
    Forms!AssessID_Data_LC_frm!ProjectID.Requery
    Forms!AssessID_Data_LC_frm!LocationID.Requery
End If
</snippet>

I wonder whether there is a more efficient way to do this, such as setting
a reference to the form, and for that matter just re-querying the form
instead of its controls individually.

--
Arthur