[AccessD] Late Lessons from 9/11

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Jan 21 20:00:55 CST 2022

It's not so bad with USB3 (especially 3.1 or 3.2) if your computer  has the interface and you
have the appropriate media -  but you certainly don't want to be backup up Gigabytes with
USB2 devices.

And now there's even USB4 out there with a potential  40Gbps transfer

Given your description, I'd expect the ones you had were USB 2.0

The advantage of USB drives  is that it's easy to have several of them and rotate them. No
need for them to sit beside your machine. Backup, stick it in your pocket, swap in with the
oldest one from the  glovebox of your car or wherever your offsite storage is.

--
Stuart