[AccessD] MSAccess HTML text box - my solution

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Jul 26 01:56:53 CDT 2022

On 26 Jul 2022 at 1:39, John Colby wrote:

> I'm about ready to discuss my solution to using the so-called "Rich
> Text" TextBox.  AFAICT it is not "Rich text" but rather a very limited
> subset of HTML, only parts which deal with formatting text.

We've already identified that MS changed from it's proprietary RTF (RichText Format)
encoding to HTML. (in Access 2007.)

Both are "Rich Text" although only the former was " RichText" :)
That space between the words  Rich and Text makes a huge difference :)

Admittedly it's nowhere near as comprehensive as HTML5, but what it does is hardly a "very
limited subset"  of  HTML3.

WHy would you expect a system to "mark up" text in a text box to include all the rest of the
HTML implementation for things like document layout?

--
Stuart