[AccessD] Microsoft Office Professional 2021 for Windows: Lifetime License | TechSpot

Paul Wolstenholme Paul.W at industrialcontrol.co.nz
Thu Jun 23 00:03:59 CDT 2022

Hi,

So I asked my local computer shop about this deal and this is what he said
(for those of you not in New Zealand his reference to IRD relates to our
government's tax authority [like the IRS in the USA] and his sell price
equates to United States $664):

"When the offer looks “Too Good To Be True” it is because it is in fact a
false offer.

The site claims to offer you 85% off Microsoft Office.

You will not ever get 85% off a genuine Microsoft Office product.

There are a large number of reasons behind the scenes that make such a
discount level not possible unless you qualify for the Microsoft Charity
Price List that is for registered not-for profit charity organisation who
can provide a valid IRD charity status certificate and their discount is
large but not 85%.

The Two ways such an offer can be made.

They either have “stolen” a charity organisations license and are selling
it with or without the owners knowledge and consent or they have a
“pirated” or “cracked” copy out of China that cost them nothing.

If the non-profit is caught and it can be proven they were aware of the
theft then they can have their non-profit tax exemption revoked plus face
prosecution.

When you install the product, you agree to the actual Microsoft Terms and
Conditions that include $10,000 USD penalty for private user or $50,000 USD
penalty for a business user.

Either way they are selling a fake license at 100% profit that put the
purchaser in the position of “receiving stolen goods” and liable for legal
penalty from law enforcement plus penalty prosecution from Microsoft.

The vendor is almost always in a country that does not restrict nor
prosecute such activity.

Microsoft have got very clever at catching these offenders and we think
that they embed “pirate copy detection” tools inside the Windows Updates
but that is unproven.

When Microsoft catch a user with such a copy, they usually threaten legal
action and penalty but allow the user to escape such action if they pay
Microsoft full retail.

Most users pay Microsoft full retail for each copy and breathe a sigh  of
relief.

We can supply a genuine MS Office Pro Perpetual License. It  is available
$1,060."

I know he has an incentive to put me off this deal - but does anybody have
facts that can refute his statements?

Paul Wolstenholme