[AccessD] Black friday laptop for $599

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 07:58:55 CST 2022

Jim,

Lenovoi expressly says that opening the case to add memory does not void
the warranty.  My Lenovo had two sockets, and I replaced both with 32gb
dimms.  Yea I know, a bit excessive, but mine is also an 8 core 16 thread
so I figured make it my last laptop purchase of my life and do it right.

IF this has a socket, you can (probably) put as large a dimm as you want
in.  It says 16gb max but I believe that is in a "preconfigured" state.  IF
that is true, you could put an 8, 16 or 32gb dimm in there.  The second
dimm (above the initial 8gb) would run slower since it would not be matched
by ram from the soldered down dimm, but it would still work and would give
you a total 16gb, 24gb or 40gb of RAM.

Again do your research, don't just take my word for it.

Also my machine had two slots for M2 NVME disks, with only one populated.
While I had it opened, I populated that second slot.

BTW I also tried and decided to purchase PrimoCache.  It really does work
very well, particularly if you sleep or hibernate your laptop so the cache
has a chance to build up hits.

Colby Consulting