[AccessD] Black friday laptop for $599

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 08:51:19 CST 2022

BTW I purchased one of these ibn the same line, just a higher end cpu.  It
comes with a power *BRICK* and I do mean *BRICK*.  Mine is 300+ watts 20v,
is physically large and HEAVY.  The reason is that my machine has the 3070
gpu which is just a power hog while gaming (I don't game).

However... it charges via the USBC!!!  Yes, a huge thing because I had a
usbc 60 watt charger from somewhere and it charges my laptop just fine,
although the laptop does complain about a slwo charger.  The battery is
just under 100 wh so it will charge quickly, even while I am using it
(though not if I were to be gaming).  My machine's USBC port is 100w PD
which means I can also charge it via a 100w usb charging cable, which I
also do, and the complaint about a slow charger goes away if it is charged
via a 100w charger..

I don't even carry the brick any more, leaving it constantly plugged in
beside my recliner at home.

*Do your own research* if you buy this version.  It has usbc, but the specs
are not mentioned anywhere in the advert.

My laptop is considerably higher end than this one, but I must say I just
love the Lenovo Legion line of laptops, which is why I recommend this
walmart black friday deal.  If this is your price comfort range, I'm
confident that you will enjoy this machine.

On Tue, Nov 22, 2022 at 9:58 PM John Colby <jwcolby at gmail.com> wrote:

> Someone was looking for a powerful but inexpensive laptop.  In the US this
> fits that bill...
>

> https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-Legion-5-15-6-Ryzen-5-5600H-GeForce-RTX-3050-Ti-8GB-RAM-512GB-SSD-Phantom-Blue-Windows-11-Home-82JW00Q7US/1097527049?athbdg=L1800
>
> I haven't done a deep dive but I'm guessing that it has 8gb soldered down
> with 8 gig empty slot.   It says 16 g max, but only comes with 8gb.
> --
> John W. Colby
> Colby Consulting

Colby Consulting