[AccessD] Unbound text box format

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 16:50:47 CDT 2023

If I switch to rtf and try to enter anything in the text box it refuses to
let me exit the text box and says that the data entered is not the correct
format.  Not a date I am guessing.

If I go back to the text format and enter 12/25/2222, the text box displays
25/Dec/2222.  It appears that it is reformatting it to some european
display format?

On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 5:41 PM John Colby <jwcolby at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I drag a text box out onto my form it causes a date format to
> interfere with entering data into the box.  It looks like __/__/____
>
> When I place the cursor into the text box it displays the date format
> thing looking like __/__/____ and the only thing I can enter are numbers
> into exactly those locations in that format thing.
>
> If I switch to RTF it does not do that. If I switch back to text it does
> that.   If I bind the control to a text field it does not do that. if I
> unbind the text box it does that.
>
> WTF over?
> --
> John W. Colby