[AccessD] On the subject of backups

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Sun Jan 22 13:40:15 CST 2023

I use both Dropbox (DB) and an external USB. DB backs up in realtime, and it
keeps historical copies (can't remember how many). For my external drive, I
use SyncBackPro https://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/sbpro.html and have
several profiles. One is for files that are not included in the DB folders:
I have some old dos programs/data that have to be on the C drive, and all my
DB files are on the D drive so they go to one folder on the (4gig) external
(USB) E drive. I have that set up to copy once/month as it seldom changes.
Another copies my outlook.pst into the "Outlook Backup" folder in the DB
folder and that's set up to copy every night when I shut down. Another
profile copies the entire D drive to the USB drive. I have that set to
manual and do it as I feel the need as it includes what already goes to DB.
I have a couple other profiles, but you get the idea.

Kathryn

In