[AccessD] Using Old Office versions?

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 14:22:25 CST 2023

I am still using Access 2010 for development - habit - using the oldest
Access as it is usually forward compatible to those using later versions,
but not backward compatible with those using earlier versions.

I have O Professional Plus 2021 and am using it for the other modules -
Word, Excel, PPT. And I like them.  Nothing special about them but the new
interfaces are pleasing.

So, if I begin using Access 2021, will I have a problem with users using
earlier versions of Access - the problems I ran into were mostly
libraries.  I use early binding and would not be happy to have to switch to
late binding.

Does anyone know how far back compatibility would go - to what version of
Access, that is - if I compiled my app with 2021. Would they run on 2013,
for example?

MTIA

Rocky