[AccessD] MS 365 Upgrade to Family

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 10:20:05 CST 2023

Where I have ended up is a strange place. Back in K&R territory, writing
code in C, so far just silly little programs, but one of which I like. It
does the KV alphabet. If you don't know that term, you've certainly
experienced it. "Alpha beta Charlie Delta Echo... Wyoming, Zulu." My silly
little program invites you to enter anything -- could be your whole name,
the country of your choice, or even just a sentence quoted from Richard
Dawkins of Willy Shakespeare. Then it parses the words you entered and
spells them out like an airline traffic controller would. Hardly a program
that would change the world, but it was fun to write.

I keep going back to K&R, and re-reading it, and re-reading it. And now and
then, I have occasion to visit Access code I wrote decades ago, and
re-think it, tear it apart and yell, Who wrote this pile of shit? Oh, me. I
was young and stupid. Now I'm old and slightly less stupid -- the jury is
still out on that. My last defence is senility. Do you think a jury would
buy that?

Arthur