[AccessD] Access Scripting Tool

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 23:12:24 CDT 2023

That sounds quite useful. Since I posted my message, I suddenly recalled a
company called BullZip, which offers a variety of tools to port an Access
database to a variety of targets, including SQL Server and PostGreSQL, and
if I recall correctly, also MySQL. I would love to see your spreadsheet,
though. Among other things, my intended migration involves renaming a bunch
of stupidly named tables and queries. (I inherited the database project --
I *never* make such mistakes 😀. I'm perfect, you know.)

On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 4:48 PM Paul Wolstenholme <
Paul.W at industrialcontrol.co.nz> wrote:

> Arthur,
>
> I've coded a spreadsheet to give me the table create alter and delete
> statements from a list of table names, fields, types and descriptions.
> Another sheet handles indexes and another the relationships.
> My spreadsheet is a great reference tool if I keep the parts I need up to
> date (i.e, there is a cost for the benefit).  It is also my starting point
> for designing the database structure (great for making sure linked fields
> are defined consistently).
> But ... my formulae are only valid for SQL Server tables.
>
> Paul Wolstenholme
>

> On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 at 05:05, Arthur Fuller <fuller.artful at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Is there any tool that will generate the DDL and SQL code to create all
> the
> > tables and then populate them? The DDL code would be all the CREATE
> > statements and the SQL code would be all the INSERT statements.
> >
> > --
> > Arthur
> > --

Arthur