[AccessD] Time and Billing app

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 16:43:42 CDT 2023

My little company is so little that the Access template Time and Billing
app is quite sufficient for my needs. Besides, as the saying goes, "The
shoemaker's kids go barefoot." I'm too busy finishing the next edition of
Getting It Done..." to roll my own app for such a simple task.

I've made a few changes such as the ability to deal with both US and CDN
currency, and modified the invoice to bear my company's name and address,
etc.

The app prints invoices, among other things. The invoice is a report
containing three subreports, one of which is Billing Hours Subreport. The
data source for this subreport is a query called Billing Hours All.

Therein lies the problem. It prints the rows by Date Worked ascending. I
want them to appear in Descending order, so the most recent hours appear at
the top.

I have tried everything I can think of to change this behaviour. I've
opened the query in Query Builder and specified the Order By there. I've
specified Order By Date Worked DESC on the report itself. In Query Builder
I moved the Hours worked column to the leftmost position. When I run the
query in Builder, it behaves the way I want. But when I run the Invoice,
the rows appear in Ascending order.

I don't know what else to try. I have no idea why my specific instructions
are being ignored.

Suggestions?

--
Arthur