[AccessD] List all tables and their fields

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Mar 24 06:15:49 CDT 2023

On 24 Mar 2023 at 3:54, Arthur Fuller wrote:

> I cannot recall ever using the classic tblSysFile, and have no idea
> what it contains,

Maybe that's just  my name for it.   I've been using it for 30 years and never thought about the
name, that's just what it's always been to me.   :)

It's  a table used to contain various application parameters.
It contains whatever values you want to store between invocations of the application
(for more "hidden parameters, I sometimes use a table named usysFile)

Instead of storing public constants in VBA modules which require recompiling your
application, you can store then in a system table and use static functions with  DLookup() to
initialise them and then use them throughout your application: