[AccessD] OT - Server Hosting and Configuration Help Required

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Thu Mar 30 13:39:25 CDT 2023

Hi Listers,

I have a server with Windows Server on it based in New Zealand.  We are
having problems with a user remoting in from Thailand (using Remote Desktop)
due to the connection dropping (most likely due to traffic shaping in
Australia).

We are looking for a solution probably based in Europe or the States where
we can host our demo software.  I am looking for 2 things:

1) A reasonable hosting site where we can run SQL Server Express and Access
Runtime.  We require up to 10 different users being able to log in remotely
who will all have their own copies of the Access/SQL Database combination.
Their login needs to be tied down so that they can only navigate through
their own set of file folders, and have limited access to the programs on
the server (basically only the demo system and a restricted version of Edge
to be able to plot data into Google Maps).

2) Someone who can configure the server to meet our requirements.  I have a
requirements document I can send offline to anyone who is interested.

Can anyone suggest a hosting site that might be suitable?

If anyone is interested in the job please contact me off line with your
details.

Regards

David Emerson

Dalyn Software Ltd