[AccessD] [EXTERNAL] Text in the Status Bar

Paul Wolstenholme Paul.W at industrialcontrol.co.nz
Mon May 29 01:54:07 CDT 2023

Shane,

Thanks for that.
My existing code only uses
SysCmd(acSysCmdSetStatus, " ")
so I will change that to
SysCmd(acSysCmdClearStatus)

It's good to know Microsoft is aware of a status bar truncation bug.  That
tells me I've done nothing wrong to cause that and I probably can't avoid
the issue.

It might be a while before I get back to this task.  There are many other
more important things to deal with right now so negotiating to remotely
borrow an Access 2016 machine hasn't happened yet.  I do offer users
mouseover text with the same message as the status bar - but they do have
to know to look for it.

Yes - there is a big difference between unexpectedly failing to see what I
thought I had coded and having an example that proves Access is broken.

Paul Wolstenholme