[dba-SQLServer]SQL Mail

Stoker, Kenneth E Kenneth.Stoker at pnl.gov
Fri Apr 25 13:19:07 CDT 2003

Everyone,

How powerful is SQL Mail?  I have recently been approached with a task to develop an automated e-mail capability for a SQL Server database.  I need to query a table of action items that are approaching their deadline period and for each action, send an e-mail to the individual who will be responsible for the decision to proceed or abandon the action.  The e-mail will therefore have to include the record information related to the pending action.  This process would execute everyday.

Everything I have read doesn't suggest that SQL Mail can do this, although I haven't seen anything that really comes out an says it can't.  I can do it in other ways, most favorable would be through Access, but I would like to try to keep it within SQL Server if possible.

Ken Stoker
Technology Commercialization
Information Systems Administrator
PH: (509) 375-3758