[dba-SQLServer]Using DTS to get data from SQL to Access

Susan Geller sgeller at cce.umn.edu
Wed Aug 20 09:26:43 CDT 2003

I figured it out.  I just added an Execute SQL task that deletes the
data.  Sometimes it's the simple things that stump me.

Paul, I'm going to schedule the DTS to run nightly to refresh data in an
mdb.  The mdb is really just a copy of my SQL Server database data.  The
reason I'm doing this is so that my users can have a place to do ad-hoc
query writing without needing to give them access to my SQL Server
tables.  I'm also doing some denormalizing to make it easier for them to
do ad-hoc queries.  In addition to scheduling this to run at a specific
time during the night, I plan to let them execute the DTS from Access so
they can have fresh data midday if they need it.  I already have that
part mostly worked out.

--Susan