[dba-SQLServer]OLEDB Connection

Julie Reardon-Taylor prosoft6 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 18 10:34:45 CST 2003

Thanks Susan.  I'm almost there.  I chose to go with the oledb connection.

I know this sounds simple to you, but I am stuck.  One of my expressions in
Access was to reference two items input by the user in two different text
boxes.  I would then use those for calculations and print a report.  In the
.adp, I can't get the expression to work.  When I look at help, it gives me
the same references to the form that I was using in Access.  The view in the
.adp keeps putting quotes around my expression and treating it like text.

For example, one of the expressions calculates area.
=[forms]![frmmacolalabel]![swidth] * [forms]![macolalabel]![length]

What am I doing wrong?  I'm using the Alias column to put the "Area" in.

Help!

Julie Reardon-Taylor
PRO-SOFT OF NY, INC.
www.pro-soft.net