[dba-SQLServer]Cross Posted - Upsizing fails

Francisco Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Mon Feb 24 22:13:57 CST 2003

: Is there any way to get rid of all traces of, all references to, a sequel
: server that no longer exists?  Then set up Access to know about the SQL
: Server that does exist.  Then run the upsize.

You say there are traces of the old server name, where? through the UDL
interface? or through the wizard?  Did you re-format your entire system in
order to install Win2K server? what SP do you have installed on Win2K you
should have up to SP2 at the very least... And for SQL Server 2000 you
should have it up to SP2 to start, SP3, can cause some wierd abnormalities..
Once you have your Sp's up to SP2 for both the OS and SQL let us know how
that is looking... I'd like to keep this thread on the list in order to keep
it in the archives if you don't mind... :D
-Francisco
http://rcm.netfirms.com/