[dba-SQLServer]Restore from Command Line?

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Mon Mar 3 12:43:35 CST 2003

I have been looking at the SQLDMO library. It appears as if this approach
may be better. (I did sp_attach... several times yesterday, with some
questionable results, i.e. database is suspect messages afterwards from EM
and sure enough, no tables no nothing).
The DMO stuff looks promising, but one question. Assume that on the
development box the db is stored say on e:\program files\Microsoft SQL
Server\...\data. Assume that it should be restored to the same dir but on
drive c:\. On looking through the DMO stuff, I can't readily see a property
which would override the "physical file" property that is stored with the
backup.
Any suggestions on how to deal with that? Are the physical file attributes
stored somewhere in the Restore object?