[dba-SQLServer]Not allowing users to create views -- onto an alternative

Djabarov, Robert Robert.Djabarov at usaa.com
Wed Mar 12 12:58:00 CST 2003

Actually, allowing users to create queries in Access against the base tables is as dangerous as allowing them to create views.  Why can't you set a rule that users must submit specs to you for desired views and then you create them, using best practices of course?

Robert Djabarov
Senior SQL Server DBA
USAA IT/DBMS
? (210) 913-3148 - phone