[dba-SQLServer]RE: [dba-VB] Trusted Connection versus What?

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Thu May 1 07:43:43 CDT 2003

Thanks Robert and Francisco, now I have NO idea what I should do! :-) In
fact I have also lost track of what a trusted connection is, and what a
challenge-response is. Let me re-ask the original question (which,
incidentally, concerns getting the IBuySpy portal and store samples running.
It seems that I have at least two choices:

1. Change the server settings to use Windows authentication. If I do this,
does that mean I must create a Windows security group and then add any users
that I expect to hit the box? (That's ok, this is development stuff so there
will only be me and a couple of fictional users, but I've never done it
before.)

2. Change the connection string to embed a password and uid and lose the
trusted connection part of the string.

Am I on the right track?

Arthur

P.S.

In my current configuration, SQL Server, IIS and the .NET Framework are all
on the same box. But I have two other boxes available, both running SQL 2000
as well, so I could move the databases to one of those instead, if that
would help.