[dba-SQLServer]SQL2000 Security - Preventing access

David Emerson davide at dalyn.co.nz
Thu May 1 17:39:28 CDT 2003

We are in the process of completing a new installation.  We have created a
runtime WXP ADP with a SQL2000 BE.  We have set security so that users that
log onto the program can only access the parts that are relevant to
them.  Fine so far.

What I haven't worked out yet is - What happens if someone gets hold
of  the SQL database file (say for example from a backup tape), takes it
home and attaches it to their own copy of SQL.  Is there any way to prevent
them from being able to access the data or objects?

Regards

David Emerson
DALYN Software Ltd
25b Cunliffe St, Johnsonville