[dba-SQLServer]Large recordsets

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 24 20:31:34 CST 2003

Hi Martin:

What form of connection method are you using? ODBC, though more felixible
tends to be on the sllllooooowwww side when download large data sets. On the
other hand straight ADO-OLE is very fast. So unless your SQL is running on a
limited box through a 16bit NIC, that could be your bottle-neck.

HTH
Jim