[dba-SQLServer] Using task manager to close SQL Server

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 18:16:52 CDT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:22:28 -0400, John W. Colby
<jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com> wrote:

> Long term I'm looking at building a dual Opteron.  I have been looking at
> how to get lots of memory and processing power though reading the web page
> you provided brings to doubt my ability to use said memory.  8-(

Why is that?  I was reading their Choose Edition white paper and found
out this nifty info on Developer Edition of Sql Server:
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/planning/sqlreskchooseed.asp

btw, the Developer edition is only $50 bucks per Developer :)
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy/development.asp

>QUOTE:
SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition
This edition allows developers to build any type of application on top
of SQL Server. It includes all of the functionality of Enterprise
Edition but with a special development and test end-user license
agreement (EULA) that prohibits production deployment (for complete
details, see the SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition EULA at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql. For maximum flexibility during
development, it will install to the aforementioned server operating
systems as well as Windows 2000 Professional and Windows NT
Workstation 4.0.
SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition is the only edition of SQL Server
2000 that gives the licensee the right to download and install SQL
Server 2000 Windows CE Edition (SQL Server CE) from
http://www.microsoft.com/sql. The Developer Edition licensee also has
the right to redistribute SQL Server CE-based applications to an
unlimited number of devices at no additional cost beyond the purchase
price of SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition. Devices running SQL Server
CE that access or otherwise use the resources of a SQL Server must be
properly licensed. For more information, see
http://www.microsoft.com/sql.
SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition is the ideal choice for Independent
Software Vendors (ISVs), consultants, system integrators, solution
providers, and corporate developers developing and testing
applications because it is cost effective, runs on a variety of
platforms, and can be upgraded for production use to SQL Server 2000
Enterprise Edition.