[dba-SQLServer] DTS => execution *.bat to logfile?

S D sqlserver667 at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 00:44:39 CDT 2004

Hi group,

(SQLServer 2000)
i've got a dts package. woow.. In it i've got a "execute task proces"
This proces copies a file named switch_new.xls to switch_<currentdate>.xls eg switch_11052004.xls.

When I run this on a local drive it works like a charm. When I run it on the server (DBA installed it for me) it doesn't work BUT it also doesn't fail.

How can modify my simple script so that it creates a logfile of what it did or didn't do?!

TIA

.BAT-file:
copy H:\SQL-SERVER_CRM\ANALYSE_PROCS\LEV_SWITCH\switch_new.xls  H:\SQL-SERVER_CRM\ANALYSE_PROCS\LEV_SWITCH\switch_%1.xls

Sander

PS %1 is filled using a variable also created in the DTS package