[dba-SQLServer] Problems registering database

Haslett, Andrew andrew.haslett at ilc.gov.au
Mon Oct 11 19:32:43 CDT 2004

If this is just for your own purposes, then use the built-in sa account as
suggested.

Its not an issue of being able to 'see' the other servers, or another
network issue, its that you don't have permissions as its assuming you're
using the Guest account when using Windows (Integrated) Authentication.

Set it up to use SQL Authentication - specify the same password for the sa
account so that you only have to remember one, and then use these
credentials when registering servers from the other machines.