[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server Backup

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 15:20:24 CDT 2004

my experiance is that the backup file is about 1:1 to the db size.
You can however backup to TAPE, that is fully supported by SQL Server.

I understand your concerns for database backups.. I believe Light
Speed has a product that backups and compresses and works inline w/
SQL Server... here is their URL
http://www.imceda.com/default.asp?LeadSource=SQLServerCentralSiteSponsorship