[dba-SQLServer] Opinions welcome

Eric Barro ebarro at afsweb.com
Mon Sep 13 09:10:48 CDT 2004

Michael,

M$ replication is a resource hog. You might want to consider log shipping instead.

If each site has less than 20 users you might consider an Access db at each location with a VB front end talking to the central SQL server via the web. This way each site owns their data. The VB front end writes data to the local Access MDB and to the remote SQL server.

---
Eric Barro
Senior Systems Analyst
Advanced Field Services