[dba-SQLServer] Quotes in delimited data

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 14 07:39:00 CDT 2004

Hi Stuart:

Try 'NoteTab' or 'CrimsonEditor' against any file the exceed 2GB and
'NoteTab' will choke and I suspect 'CrimsonEditor' will as well. ...the old
famous 2GB limit rears it's ugly head... :-(

The class I just sent, I used a couple of years ago to read large files. I
just tested it on a 70GB file and it had no problems. One issue that I have
found, is that when reading a file and for some reason the application is
impropertly closed, the file that was being read is left locked but it is
undamaged....just a cautionary note.

Jim