[dba-SQLServer] Quotes in delimited data

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Sep 14 08:54:46 CDT 2004

>is that when reading a file and for some reason the application is
improperly closed, the file that was being read is left locked but it is
undamaged....just a cautionary note.

This happens to me with SQL Server as well.  If you have to use task manager
to close EM, the database files end up locked but undamaged.  Can't copy
them to another drive (backup) but can use them at will.  I understand that
Windows has some utility that will clear those locks, which I'd dearly love
to get my hands on.