[dba-SQLServer] Insert a picture into a SQL column

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Mon May 16 16:56:16 CDT 2005

Let's leave aside the wisdom of doing this and focus on the fact of
doing it. I have a sproc that doesn't work. I pass a filename and the PK
of the row into which I want to insert said image file. It doesn't work
as written. I think that maybe I need to create a stream object and read
chunks and then update the row using said accumulated chunk, but I
cannot yet figure out how to do this in pure T-SQL.

Suggestions?

TIA,