[dba-SQLServer] My Agent was assasinated!!

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 10:32:39 CDT 2006

Helpdesk guy on an instruction from our sysadmin, was instructed to
visit one of my sql servers and "UNINSTALL" BackupExec from the
machine as we have moved to a central backup system.  After the
install the server came up but he did not know to check in EM that the
sql server was running and that the agent was running...

ON the server you cannot use EM to see the (local) sql server status,
remotely I can use EM and verified that the server is running, and all
my users can access the server just fine.  What is not running is the
Sql Server Agent.  And I am not able to restart it for some reason.
Any advise would be very helpful.

http://pcthis.blogspot.com |PC news with out the jargon!