[dba-SQLServer] My Agent was assasinated!!

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 10:52:51 CDT 2006

Followup, Server is Win2003 SP1, Sql Srv 2000 SP4.

When I pull up EM on the Server I get this error:
A connection could not be established to (local)
Reason: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
ConnectionOpen (Connect())

Please Verify SQL Server is running and check your SQL Server
registration properties (by right-clicking on the (local) node) and
try again.
The SQLAgent.out file reads as follows:
---------------
2006-08-18 08:39:49 - ! [298] SQLServer Error: 17, SQL Server does not
exist or access denied. [SQLSTATE 08001]
2006-08-18 08:39:49 - ! [298] SQLServer Error: 1703, ConnectionOpen
(Connect()). [SQLSTATE 01000]
2006-08-18 08:39:49 - ! [000] Unable to connect to server '(local)';
SQLServerAgent cannot start
2006-08-18 08:39:50 - ? [098] SQLServerAgent terminated (normally)

question is how do I restore the connectivity on the server (to itself?)

http://pcthis.blogspot.com |PC news with out the jargon!