[dba-SQLServer] Transferring a database to another SQL Server

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Wed Aug 30 03:02:25 CDT 2006

John

You may want to consider Virtural Server OS for this. Its worth looking at.Set up Windows Virtual Server 2005 which is free and work from there.

I have emailed you a contact of list who deals with all my server side stuff in the University. He may be slow to respond but he knows this stuff inside out and should be able to advise or at least give you access to someone who is an expert (no disrespect to all here) on the network and OS side of things.

Martin

Martin WP Reid
Training and Assessment Unit
Riddle Hall