[dba-SQLServer] Shrinking Log File

Stephen Hait shait at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 17 17:03:59 CST 2006

Are your log files growing astronomically after you restore and then delete
the logs? If so, see if you can determine what is causing the rapid growth.
A large number of table inserts or updates can cause log files to bloat so
if this is a frequent occurence, you should try to shrink the logs after
these operations.

Other than that, I'm not really sure.

Regards,
Stephen