[dba-SQLServer] Installing SQL 2000 on a server that already has SQL 2003

Jim Lawrence jlawrenc1 at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 13 10:16:03 CDT 2006

Hi All:

Thanks Francisco and Steve:

Thanks for the information. Actually it is a 2003 Server with MSSQL 2003
installed. It appears that I got a little ahead of myself when I rebuilt the
server not first installing SQL 2000 as I figured clients would be migrating
to MS SQL 2003. This was not the case and one client would like a bit of
development work done on the SQL 2000.

All the objects from the MS SQL 2000 had exported and imported into the MS
SQL 2003 without issues but the DTS package information did not come across.
Fortunately, the information was also exported as SQL but I still can not
get it imported and it will be very time consuming to re-write it all again.

Am I missing something simple and obvious or do the DTS packages have to be
all re-keyed??? So far I have been unable to find any information on the
subject....

On the other hand having a MS SQL 2000 on the system would resolve these
issues but that could cause more problems than it would solve. After a bout
with a Beta SQL Express which required the complete re-install of our
production server caution is the key-word. (NO DOWNTIME!!)

If you have any information on the subject or location where I could look
for information I would be greatly appreciative.

Jim