[dba-SQLServer] Installing SQL Server 2000 over XP Developer

Robert L. Stewart rl_stewart at highstream.net
Wed Jun 28 12:31:08 CDT 2006

Bruce,

Detach the databases and move them to a different directory.
Uninstall the developer version.
Install the full version.
Move the databases to where you want them to be.
Re-attach them.

Just to get it straight, there is not an XP Developer version of SQL Server.
There are SQL 2000 and 2005 Developer versions which have all the features of
the enterprise version except for the number of users.

Robert L. Stewart
The Dyson Group International
Software for the Non-profit Enterprise
Expanding your Sphere of Knowledge