[dba-SQLServer] another nudge on that DELETE, OUTER JOIN quirk

Susan Harkins harkinsss at bellsouth.net
Sun May 7 14:54:08 CDT 2006

I tried yours -- the only difference seems to be that you specified the
non-nullable table. Using the following statement, I still got an error:

DELETE Customers.*
FROM Customers LEFT JOIN Orders
ON Customers.CustID = Orders.CustID

I'm using Express -- prehaps the two versions aren't compatiable on this
issue?

Susan H.

 Are you specifying which table to delete from

DELETE DISTINCTROW Original_Table.* FROM  Original_Table LEFT JOIN ...
or
DELETE  Original_Table.* FROM  Original_Table LEFT JOIN ...