[dba-SQLServer] Any gut feelings?

JWColby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Nov 3 15:27:37 CST 2006

I guess I wrote this a little too quickly.  What I meant is, does SQL have
anything like Access where you can with a query build a new table based on a
handful of fields fro the source table, and having done that, have the
destination field retain at least the same datatypes / data sizes in the
destination table.  And further can the source tables be out in one SQL
Server database, and destination table be inside of a second SQL Server
database.

I am having to cut and paste fields to the windows paste buffer, then switch
to a different (new) table and paste them in in order to get the same fields
and same field structures.  Even then I am doing this inside of a common
database because I don't know how to reference tables across different
databases.