[dba-SQLServer] The challenge - not a big one ;-)

artful at rogers.com artful at rogers.com
Thu Nov 23 21:45:37 CST 2006

Everything you want to do can be done from within SQL Server.

Before installing 2005, either back up everything or choose another box on which to install 2005. CYA, I say, otay? Do NOT trust the OS + the MS stuff to save your bacon. Save your bacon first, then try the install, but make certain that you can undo it. This comes from experience. Been there, ruined that, spent days fixing it.

Trust me on this, JC. CYA first and foremost. I've presented faulty arguments to you perhaps, but never lied to you. Trust me. Proceed with caution. Make sure that you can undo your last adventure. This is particularly true given the size of the tables with which you are dealing.

Arthur