[dba-SQLServer] sp_configure question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Sat Sep 2 11:30:21 CDT 2006

If the DSL company checked the service to the outside of your house then it
isn't BellSouth.

===Well, thanks, and I was really enjoying that little scenario... ;)

 BTW, the point of the "phone filter" is to filter out the buzz caused by
the DSL signal.  You can't run the DSL modem BEHIND (downstream of) such a
filter.  If you are putting the modem behind a filter, that will cause the
modem to "not work".

===Within this context <g>, please define behind. First, there's no phone
connected to the same outlet as the dsl modem, so there's no filter behind
or in front of the modem period. However, I do of course have other phones
in the house and those have phone filters. It's interesting because the dsl
worked for a while and then stopped. The connection's there, I just can't do
anything with it. The tech support told me I couldn't have a cordless phone
through the same outlet as the modem, so I took the phone out completely. It
worked fine again for a few weeks, then the same symptoms, but there's no
phone to unhook this time.

Susan H.