[dba-SQLServer] SSIS, SQL Server Integration Services, DTS

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Jan 18 08:40:43 CST 2008

Hi all

I'm new to DTS and thought I had a job for this for a scheduled job for importing/exporting some data.
Then this page:

tells that:

Integration Services replaces Data Transformation Services (DTS), which was first introduced as a component of SQL Server 7.0.

Is that so?
And even worse, this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/features/compare-features.mspx

indicates that SSIS is not available with the SQL Server Express edition.
So our client will have to purchase a SQL Server Standard Edition?

Or would there be another simple method to run a scheduled job? It's only about retrieving data from some Access tables and writing some others to another database without user intervention.

/gustav