[dba-SQLServer] Where do you put generic stored procedures

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Jun 5 07:33:23 CDT 2008

Arthur,

I am not shipping databases so any discussion of that is a
moo point to quote Joey from Friends.

I have many different databases, all running ATM on the same
server, though they are backed up to a neighboring server.

I am standardizing the tables in the individual databases
such that each has exactly the same field names and set of
fields.  Thus I need a single set of SProcs that work on any
of the databases.  I do not want to have to "go" to that
database to get them to run, in fact I want to "go" to a
single database and be able to run the SPRoc on any of my
databases.

Thus it appears that the "company" database is the answer.
If I do need to move any or all of the databases to another
server, then I just copy the company database along with the
individual databases.

The living accommodations sound delightful.  Work hard, make
a lot of money and enjoy your time in the sun.